Saturday, December 19, 2009

RACING TO THE FINISH LINE!!!

Today I ran my 2nd 5K race, the Classics By The Sea 5K/10K, in Jupiter, Florida. My overall goal was to improve my time from my first race, which was 2 weeks ago at the Palm Beach Marathon, 5K, & 10K.
At the Palm Beach my goal was just to complete the race and be satisfied with that accomplishment. Who would have known, that an IFBB Bikini Pro who is NOT a runner would finish so well....I placed 5th in my age division at a time of 26:16 and pace of 8.26.
It was a bitter cold morning with gusts of wind that would make your face hurt. Not being used to the elements, since I mainly run inside, I really didn't think I was going to improve my time by much. When the results came in, it was announced that I received 2nd Place in the 30-34 age division and running my best time and pace to date. I completed the 5K in 25:25 minutes at a pace of 8.12.

I am very excited about my newest accomplishment and am always striving for more. Christmas is just 6 days away and am looking forward to enjoying some holiday food, family, and fun. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a safe New Year.
~Trina~

No comments: